It doesn't exist until you do this....
Put it on your calendar.
It's not real until you schedule it. You know what "it" is. "It" is that thing you've been putting off, or the time you want to use to see your friends/family more. "It" is the gym membership you've been meaning to use. You know what your "it" is.
How many times have you said....
“I wish I could but I just don’t have enough time!”
I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with my calendar. It would almost seem like a clingy unhealthy relationship as I check in with my calendar at least a dozen times per day. I schedule everything from appointments to socializing to naps. No joke!
The biggest complaint that my clients have is that they don't have time for this thing, or that workout. I was once like that, I totally get it. I remember that feeling. I still sometimes say those things, but remember my own advice and change my schedule to make it all happen.
Let's break it all down.
There are 24 hours in a day. A normal weekday looks something like this:
- 8 hours spent on work
- 8 hours spent sleeping (includes naps)
- 4 hour spent on getting ready for work, showering, eating, other things like maybe working out, hobbies, etc.
= 20 hours. That leaves about 4 hours free per day. Plus your weekend time 16 hours per day when you're not sleeping. I'm not a mathematician but that looks like about 52 hours of time that you chose to spend however you want.
Maybe you spend that time with your kids/family, running errands maybe you sit around and watch TV. I know y’all have lives and live more than just eating, working, and sleeping. But a normal weekday you have 4 hours a day free and probably 8 hours a day free and your weekend.
How do you spend them? Watching TV? Drinking? Recovering from a hangover? Reading books? Watching movies? Are you reading this and saying that you’re not even sure? Hmm...
One thing creating my schedule gave me was POWER.
When I started scheduling everything, it gave me power to:
- create my own work schedule without conflicting appointments.
- make time for my social life so I never felt left out, or left feeling the dreaded FOMO.
- create more time for the things I need to do as well as for the things I love.
- really give myself the time I need for self-care and personal development so I was able to keep reaching for my short- and long-term goals.
I'm guessing that you've had something you wanted to do, and every day you say "I'll get to that tomorrow." Tomorrow comes and before you know it a year later you still haven't done it.
What are you missing out on that you've been putting off?
I want to empower you to live the life you deserve, filled with all the things that you love. Start right now getting all of those things. Only put things in your calendar that are necessary to live, and that really light you up!
Prioritize your life. Here is what I do every month with my calendar (in order most important first):
- Add in my work schedule and coaching client calls.
- Schedule my sleep to make sure I get 7-8 hours of sleep every 24 hours to stay highly functional.
- Schedule my workouts so I can keep my body strong and my mind sharp.
- Insert my daily and weekly tasks that need to be done for work or my business. I put exactly how much time I think it should take to complete these tasks and get it done within that time frame.
- Insert time to catch up with friends or go have a fun night out on the town! All work no play can make anyone a dull boy!
- Sprinkle in longer term goals that can be shifted day to day or week to week and get done in my free time.
I hope that this has helped you understand that your life and time are so valuable. Don't hesitate to start now with just the small stuff and build your schedule more efficiently as you learn how your life could be run more efficiently!
Get it in the books,
(CPT, FNS, CES, RYT-200)
Fitness & Yoga Instructor
Success & Lifestyle Coach
P.S. While you're at it, schedule in some time for me! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and setup a free clarity call to talk and see how I can help you make the most of your time. Let's get you results you can take with you within 30-minutes! It's free so you literally have nothing to lose.